Teaching In China
As the most populated country in the world, China has a high demand for teachers, especially foreign teachers.
Learning English or Education in English has become an integral part of the education system in China and there are many opportunities to teach here.
teaching esl & Rockies english schools
Rockies Intl helps to connect potential teachers with teaching positions in China.
Our biggest educational partner for teaching English at the primary and secondary level is with Rockies English Schools (RES). RES is a Canadian founded company with over 50 locations across China. Most of their schools and partnered schools teach English at the kindergarten age group. You can find more information about RES at www.rockiesenglish.com
Teaching with RES:
Salary and benefits
- competitive salary package averaging from 12,000-20,000 RMB per month for only 25 teaching hours per week (salary varies depending on the location, teaching experience, and qualifications)
- rent-free single non-shared furnished apartment near your school or housing allowance with necessary assistance
- comprehensive initial training program, with follow-up training and regular workshops to develop your skills as a teacher
- commercial / accident insurance
- paid holidays
- sponsored work visa (z visa)
- yearly bonus
- airfare stipend
- free internet access and Chinese classes provided to all our teachers
- strong English speaker
- outgoing, adaptable, and motivated with a positive attitude
- open minded and responsible
- over 21 years of age
- in good health
- has a bachelor’s degree or above
There are currently multiple teaching positions available.
For information on academic teaching (other than ESL) in English, please see page on professionals or click here